So I'd like to propose some new year's resolutions for the various network marketers and wannabes. Here are 7 simple items.
- I will not be hurried into making a decision I shall regret later.
- I will not be swayed into making a decision after only hearing a one-sided presentation, no matter how good it sounds.
- I will learn how promoters use psychological coercion on me and others so I can avoid such
- I will not make bad arguments by using logical fallacies and irrelevant facts as that would only make me sound ignorant and stupid if I make such bad arguments.
- I will fact-check and perform due diligence on claims I repeat. I shall remember 'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence'. (Arthur C. Clarke)
- I will learn about pyramid schemes and Ponzi schemes from real sources, such as lawyers and scambusters, rather than people who don't know what they are talking about.
- I will learn all I can about the career I an interested in, such as network marketing, even "negative" stuff that nobody seem to want to talk about because I don't want to be blind-sided by anything.