Bad Arguers... This is a free template to generate a bad argument message "proving" your pet scheme is not a scam. This is a DO NOT DO list. Don't complain when you get ridiculed when your argument end up looking like it came out of this generator.
Sentence 1: Pick one of the following –
- Lots of hilarious opinions here
- I see a lot of speculation and very little fact
- Bunch of amateur wannabe analysts here.
- You guys have no idea what you’re talking about
Sentence 1.5: (scheme name) is not a scam.
- Sour grapes — you must be jealous of our success
- You’re not in it— you must be a member to understand us, how it REALLY works
- You just don’t understand us / it / whatever. You don’t have the mindset / positive attitude / training.
- It paid me — and that’s all that matters
- appeal to association with authority — (scheme name) is associated with big names, it can’t possibly be a scam!
- “every thing else is a scam” — social security, federal reserve, IMF, are all scams. Why don’t you go after those?
- anecdotal fallacy — i.e. “It’s not a scam (to me)” and my experience must be the universal truth
- “appeal to age” — (Scheme name) / (Scheme parent company) is X years old! They have to know what they’re doing (to have last this long)!
- “it ain’t a scam unless it’s convicted” — it haven’t been declared illegal (yet!)
- “disgruntled” — you must be bitter from a prior failure
- “Conspiracy” — you must work for a competitor / you’re just out to get hits for your blog / you are the 1% out to keep us 99% poor
- “caveat emptor” — we know what we’re getting into and we don’t like being lectured to!
- “appeal to lack of authority” — You have no reputation and therefore your evidence is worthless and your logic worthless.
- “What’s your problem” — you must have a personal grudge against (Scheme leader) to say bad things about his company
- fairness fallacy — you’re not being fair! You are biased! I demand you to present facts FAVORABLE to (scheme)!
- Pick some other fallacy from fallacyfiles.org
Sentence 3: Pick one of the following:
- So go ahead and bash, I’ll be laughing from the bank
- You’re just negative
- Why don’t you just leave us alone