|Patrick Stewart as Locutus, the Borg assimilated |
Jean-Luc Picard (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
At what price? Are you really joining the Borg Collective instead?
Following are the signs that you're in a sales cult, not a sales organization. How many did you spot?
- I chant and sing every morning as part of a group "warmup"
- I have a mentor who shadows me almost 24/7.
- I am always looking out for new recruits, whom I hope to mentor one day
- I am fully involved in my job / opportunity and have no time for frivolous stuff, like relationships
- I buy my clothes and stuff on credit because I haven't made any money (soon...)
- I think my partner / friend / family does NOT support me fully in my job / opportunity
- I have drifted apart from my regular partner, friends, and family
- I attend all sorts of after-work social events by my sales leader and mentor
- I am often very tired as I don't sleep much (I wonder how "they" do it...)
- I think my partner does NOT understand how important my job/opportunity is to me
- I think my partner does NOT understand how hard I am working
- I am not stopping for anyone or anything (including "friends", "family", "partner", and more)
- I cite my daily or weekly accomplishments to the team and I am PROUD of it.
- I feel very sad if I don't hit my daily / weekly goals
- I am jealous of my sales leader's success and paycheck and fancy car and fancy cloths
- I have some doubts, but I don't dare show it. I am sure it's a phase that will pass.
- I can't quit. I will let my leader and the team down if I do. They'll tell me I'm not a quitter. I am not.
How many of these apply to you? Read on to understand why these are signs of a cult, not a business.
Below you will find two people discussing the signs above... a cult expert, and a former member of the Borg collective (this is kinda humorous, but rather dark humor).