So what are some of the "alternative facts" that had been used by MLM supporters?
- If I can succeed you can too... just like "any lotto ticket can be the big winner"
- Success requires hard work... and a whole lot of luck, and other stuff conveniently not mentioned
- Thousands of people around the world found MLM works for them... out of 100 million, as estimated by DSA
- Avon is nothing compared to the bigger network marketing companies... despite Avon is almost same size as Amway, about 10 billion annual revenue larger than any other MLM company.
- MLM is the next big thing that will replace all retail and they've been saying it for the past 40 years, and it's still not true
- MLM created the most millionaires of any modern industry... Nope, that'd be tech industry.
- MLM helps a lot of people make supplemental income (despite annual average sales of less than $2000 per person in the US, and that's just revenue, not profit). Just how much effort are you spending to make that extra $167 per month?
Have you spotted more "alternative facts" cited by MLM proponents about their particular MLM? Do they sound "reasonable" at first, but a quick fact-check disproved them easily? Share them in the comments.